WordPress PHP Developer (EN)
At Social Brothers we are looking for a PHP Developer in our WordPress team. The WordPress team consists of twelve passionate developers, who together make all WordPress projects a success. As a PHP Developer within this team, you are the one who makes connections with APIs in PHP and you process this in a WordPress plugin. Are you curious about what the function entails? Read on and apply!
Who are we looking for?
As a PHP Developer, you do:
- have a completed education in software development?
- have a passion for programming and would you like to work in a team;
- work in a structured and precise manner;
- have experience building APIs?
- have experience with object-oriented programming (OOP);
- have experience with programming in WordPress?
- have experience with Composer, Git and deployment;
- have experience writing unit tests (pre);
- enjoy helping and supporting colleagues with the above things.
Who are we?
We are Social Brothers, a Digital Agency that celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. With 50 enthusiastic professionals we look for innovative and effective solutions. We are proud to say that we can delight customers such as Boskalis, Piet Boon, SPAR University, the Red Cross, ABO and Backbase with our services. And we want to add many more beautiful names to that. From our scale-up office in Utrecht and an office in Rotterdam, we work daily with the latest technologies.
The WordPress team consists of twelve developers, both Front-end and Back-end. Everyone has their own specialty and quality and together they ensure the best result that the customer desires.
Are you curious about what your future team will look like? Check it out here!
What can you expect from us?
We offer you as a PHP Developer:
- a salary between € 2,200 and € 2,800 gross per month, based on your knowledge and work experience;
- travel allowance based on € 0.19 per kilometre;
- good fringe benefits such as a company laptop, a Friday afternoon drink, possibility to boot camp on Thursday, a weekend away and more events
- a close-knit team with a Teamlead and direct colleagues;
- a workplace where you can apply your preference for neat and structured code;
- knowledge sessions with colleagues in your area of work;
- an organization with 50 enthusiastic professionals that is ready for cool projects and the opportunity to learn and develop both on the work floor and beyond.
What does your work at Social Brothers look like?
In your daily work you work on different projects. You bring the projects to a successful conclusion together with fellow developers from your own team, but also with Project Managers, Marketers and Designers.
Your daily activities consist of a part of scheduled projects. With a project team you will receive all the explanations about the project in a Kick-off. In addition, you occasionally receive last-minute questions from customers. You immerse yourself in the customer’s question and try to find a solution to the problem as best as possible.
Outside of these daily activities, there are regular meetings. Think of the team meeting, where everyone gives an update about their work that week and in which internal projects for optimization are thought, planned and executed.
Does this seem like a position that fits you perfectly? Or do you want some more information? Apply via the button or contact us!
Recruitment based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
How to Become
If you agree with our values, love our culture, and think Social Brothers is where you can make your mark, don’t wait to apply. We want to meet you!
"*" indicates required fields
How We Hire
The first step is to submit your application. A motivation letter isn’t necessary, but please enclose your resumé. You will receive a response within a few days.
If your profile matches our expectations, we will invite you for an introduction. This will be a conversation of up to 1 hour. In this interview you will hear everything about the position and together we will determine whether the position and the company are right for you.
After a good click during the introduction, you will have the opportunity to make an assessment that has been made for this position. In this assessment, your substantive skills are tested and you can immediately see what you have to offer.
When you have rocked the assessment and the click between you and the company is good, we will invite you for a second interview at our office. During this interview you will get to know your direct supervisor and the HR Employee. You indicate what your ambitions are and why you think you fit Social Brothers and the position.
After the second interview, it’s time to tie the knot for both of us. We will come up with a contract proposal if we are positive and we are of course very curious about your response.